Sunday, January 24, 2010

5K Fun Run

I ran my first race last weekend! I am so proud of myself. A year ago I couldn't even walk down stairs, ride a bike or walk without hurting because of my arthritis. But now look at me running/walking in a 5k. My time was 33 mins and 44 sec!!!!!!
Here are some pictures of Me, Vanessa and Veronica "training" for the race. These are my gym girls. It doesn't even feel like a workout besides my abs from laughing the whole time. We have so much fun together. I love these girls!!!! We call ourselves The Very Voluptuous Babes aka: Veronica, Vanessa and Brittany




Now race day pics!!!! The race was in a cute little area called Habersham. It looked like a town on TV. It was so cute and ritzy. As soon as the race started it began to rain. So my first 5K in the rain and my first time running outside. Wow!!!! I did it and with a great group of girls.

Melanie, Vanessa, Me, Carrie and Lisa

Ready for the race to begin!!!! :)


I did it!!!!!! 33:44

Look how wet we all are...hahahaha

After the race the girls all came back over to my house to celebrate! We had Mimosa's, cinnamon rolls and blueberry muffins. A real runners brunch, Ha!




In March we are doing an 8K. Gotta start training!!!!

2 comments:

rachel said...

way to go Britt!!! races are addicting! watch out!!! I love our pictures-let me know how the training goes!!! so fun to train and run with other girls-it's great girl time!! love you!

Juliana said...

Britt~What a CUTE blog you have and I am just smiling over here reading my first post of yours....you girls GO! That is amazing! You even got great pictures!!!

I look forward to following your blog and getting to know you better. Please feel free to come by my blog and follow back. I am celebrating 7 years of various blogs. Doing a bunch of fun giveaways! Have a great weekend! ~Juliana with A Blonde Walks Into a Blog